A Photograph of Your Inner Child
Find a picture of yourself as a child, ideally between the ages of 3 and 7.
- Choose a special frame for it – this could mean buying a new frame, creating your own frame, or using one of your favorite frames for it.
- Put it in a place where you’ll see it often.
Spend some time reflecting on this younger self:
- What are they thinking and feeling in this photo?
- What did they need?
- What were their favorite colors or toys?
- What did they love to do at this time in their life?
- What was their personality like?
Once a day (or once a week if that feels right) make an offering to this child in the form of a verbal or written affirmation such as:
- You are brave
- You are good
- You deserve to be loved
- I love you
- May you be full of joy
- May you be happy
- Your feelings matter
- You are important
- Anything else that recognizes and honors this child
Allow yourself to experience the reverence, admiration, tenderness, compassion, or appreciation that arise over time from within for this child.